I want to have one server serve a bunch of virtual hosts, and to have their web apps available as both

www.mybigsharedserver.com/some_vhost_site/
www.some_vhost_site.com/

I'm able to make this happen by declaring two Host entries in server.xml
with overlapping appBase and setting the root context of the vhost in there as well,

BUT

This causes two instances of the Context for the webapp. The webapp is getting larger and I don't like the duplication of resources that go into running it twice.

Is there a way to configure a Context to be shared by two Hosts?

If not by server.xml, would there be a reasonable way to code this up by just adding the same Context Object to both Host Objects?

Brian Olson
http://bolson.org/