Well I found one problem with my workers.properties, but it didn't fix my problem. I used the deprecated 'balanced_workers' on my load balancer configuration instead of the balance_workers. So I'm still stuck, any suggestions?

Tim Alberts wrote:
I have two tomcat servers (5.5.23) and running mod_jk (1.2.20) with load balancing behind apache. I have a web application that needs to maintain session information. What I'm seeing is that the load balance is alternating requests between the servers equally, as expected, but sessions are getting lost when going between the servers. I thought from reading that the default is sticky_session=True which means the mod_jk will keep sessions going to the same server (if it is available..). This is obviously not happening. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem?

# workers.properties - ajp13
#
# List workers
worker.list=lb,jkstatus
#
# Define wrkr1
worker.wrkr1.port=8009
worker.wrkr1.host=msi1
worker.wrkr1.type=ajp13
worker.wrkr1.socket_timeout=300
worker.wrkr1.lbfactor=1
#
# Define wrkr2
worker.wrkr2.port=8009
worker.wrkr2.host=msi2
worker.wrkr2.type=ajp13
worker.wrkr2.socket_timeout=300
worker.wrkr2.lbfactor=1
#
# Define lb
worker.lb.type=lb
worker.lb.sticky_session=True
worker.lb.sticky_session_force=False
worker.lb.balanced_workers=wrkr1,wrkr2
#
# Define a 'jkstatus' worker using status
worker.jkstatus.type=status

Second, I see a reference to a Session Manager in the Tomcat documentation that can maintain session data across multiple servers. This is the first I've heard about this, is this something Tomcat has built in that I need to enable, or is this third party or something I need to write on my own? (I will be reading more, but quick info from users is helpful).

Thank you for any help.