Hi Martin, David
Thanks.
Where/syntax to set the tmpdir?
Below is the syntax I use and when run from local host it puts the files in the
"root" tomcat directory, at the same level as the all the subdirectories.  Even
outside the webapp directory.  However it is accessible.

When I switch to accessing from a domain with modjk, TC cant find the file.
The very same code that calls a servlet to populate a html img tag is blank,
but the rest of the page renders correctly.

I also found something claiming that TC configures its own tmp directory per
webapp.  Is that from the proper setting of CATALINA_TMPDIR in the server.xml?
with what syntax?  tia.

String tempdir = System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir");
      if (! (tempdir.endsWith("/") || tempdir.endsWith("\\"))) {
        tempdir = tempdir + System.getProperty("file.separator");
      }
      File tempFile = null;
      try {
        tempFile = File.createTempFile("myFile", "." + outputType);
      }
      catch (IOException ex2) {
      }

Martin Gainty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi Chris-
did you set CATALINA_TMPDIR to your TOMCAT temp folder?
M--