> From: Andrei Tchijov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Is it possible to introduce new authentication
> method without modifying tomcat?
>
> My problem it twofold. In order to make an
> authentication decision ...
>  - I need to have an access to some information from HTTP Request,
>  - I need to be able build HTTP Response

This may be doable with a filter to handle the multi-part authentication
negotiation.  For an example of how that can be done in a Tomcat
environment, take a look at:
http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/ntlmhttpauth.html

Although the above is specific to NTLM, the technique should work for
any mechanism that requires multiple messages for the authentication.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.