Not sure if this pertains to your environment but I have experience this
when I try to get a thread dump (of a 5.5.23 on Win2003 Server) and I am
logged into the server over an RDP (Remote Desktop) connection. I find it
works when I am at the console.

-Noah

Hello,
I have installed the latest Tomcat (6.0.13) right out of the box (using
the Windows Installer) on a Windows 2003 server. I deploy a web app and
everything works perfectly fine. I have done essentially no
configuration other than deploying the web app. However, when I right
click on the Tomcat service system tray icon and select menu "Thread
Dump" I get a windows message box saying: "The system can not find the
file specified. Unable to open the Event Mutex".

My question is: what configuration needs to be done to get the Thread
Dump feature working in a Tomcat installed with Windows Installer?

Best regards,

Henrik Nyberg

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB, Publikt Bolag (Publ), Org.nr: 556042-7220,
Registered Office Stockholm, Sweden

confidential, and protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized use, printing,
copying, disclosure or dissemination of this communication may be subject to
legal restriction or sanction. If you think that you have received this
e-mail message in error, please reply to the sender and delete this message
from your computer.