Sounds like you need a custom appender.  Write one that takes the log
message and encrypts it and writes it to your file.  N.B. that you'll be
encrypting on a message-by-message basis, so that may affect your choice
of encryption algorithm (i.e., some methods may not work if a user tries
to decrypt an entire file as a single unit).

An easier approach might be to write your encrypting logger as a filter
and have it take its input from a named pipe.  Might be a little more
work keeping things coordinated (your app may block when logging a
message if your logger isn't running), but nothing too hard.
The information contained in this message is confidential
proprietary property of Nelnet, Inc. and its affiliated
companies (Nelnet) and is intended for the recipient only.
Any reproduction, forwarding, or copying without the express
permission of Nelnet is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to this e-mail.