----- Original Message ----- From: "Gregor Schneider" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On 6/21/07, Johnny Kewl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You know I just had another thought.... yes it happens sometimes.

Wrong. It does ALWAYS happen:

Ha ha... no its my warped sense of humor... sometimes I have thoughts... you know little eurika's ;)... ok, only I get it ;)

I'm agreeing with you, but just wondering why Richard wants to take a 3rd party servlet that is clearly pumping out html, and make it look like XML.... and then concluding that it will probably be badly formed XML (or XHTML)... because HTML is close, but not XML.

And therefore... yes you right, a filter is a better bet, because if parsing headers is already difficult in JK, and as you say, impossible, then how they going to create well formed XML, before it gets to whereever its going.... and I'm guessing it will be input to an XSLT engine, so they can present another HTML page, with the extracted data from the original page.

Think my reply was to Richard....

Apache httpd (2.x) in conjunction with mod_jk does not touch any
headers passed from mod_jk, thus there's no possibility to change
them, not with mod_headers or any other module, I've tried them all. A
filter in Tomcat is the only option I found.

The reason is definately not any issue with XHTML-parsing.

Gregor
---
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2