--- "Caldarale, Charles R"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can you use Tomcat's multiple <Host> capability to
> accomplish this segregation?  Each <Host> element
> has its own appBase, which could point to the
> appropriate DocumentRoot directory for the
> corresponding httpd virtual host.

Well, I tried this.

I put in tomcat's server.xml:

<host name="localhost" appbase="/path/to/documentroot"
/>

This sort of "works", in the sense that now tomcat
looks in

/path/to/documentroot/ROOT/

for JSP files

of course, for my user, this is 'unacceptable', since
she has

/path/to/documentroot/section1/
/path/to/documentroot/section2/
/path/to/documentroot/section3/

and wants to be able to put applicable JSP pages in
each subdirectory, rather than placing them under
/ROOT

(Again, I'm completely clueless here) when I googled
information online, several references were made to
adding a <context> tag within the <host>
declaration... but if I try this, it seems to have no
effect.

Thanks,

Vin