Hi there,

we are using Tomcat 5.5.23 with LDAP Auth against our ActiveDirectory. Everythings works fine and the user can auth themself. But in our logs we get error messages like this:

25.06.2007 11:07:20 org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm authenticate
SCHWERWIEGEND: Exception performing authentication
javax.naming.PartialResultException [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: intern.domain.com:389 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out]] at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapNamingEnumeration.hasMoreImpl(LdapNamingEnumeration.java:224)
        at

25.06.2007 11:07:20 org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm authenticate
WARNUNG: Exception performing authentication
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Request: 3 cancelled; remaining name 'dc=intern,dc=rossmann,dc=de'
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapRequest.getReplyBer(LdapRequest.java:60)
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.Connection.readReply(Connection.java:405)
        at

here is our ldap-config in the server.xml (it's changed because of business information ;) ) :

<Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
                                connectionName="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
                                connectionPassword="password"

                                connectionURL="ldap://server1:389";
                                alternateURL="ldap://server2:389";

contextFactory="com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory"
                                authentication="simple"
                                referrals="follow"
                                userBase="dc=intern,dc=domain,dc=tld"
                                userSearch="(sAmAccountName={0})"