You must create the directory structure... and set the environment vars.

CATALINA_HOME/
CATALINA_HOME/bin
CATALINA_HOME/common .....
.
.
.

CATALINA_BASE/
CATALINA_BASE/instance1
CATALINA_BASE/instance1/conf
CATALINA_BASE/instance1/webapps
.
.
.

CATALINA_BASE/
CATALINA_BASE/instance2
CATALINA_BASE/instance2/conf
CATALINA_BASE/instance2/webapps
.
.
.

On 6/25/07, David kerber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ashish Kulkarni wrote:
> Hi
> The problem i am having is, when i installed second instance of tomcat
it
> replaced the windows service for the first tomcat, so i have only one
> tomcat
Use service.bat from the .zip package to create another service.  The
easiest way to handle this is to do the windows installation, and then
unzip the .zip distribution on top of the windows installation.  That
way you have the first service to use as a model when you create the
second service.