True, although I dont know how to make Tomcat do that, nor do I think it should be done, they must expire, or else with time his Tomcat will run out of memory.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nelson, Tracy M." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 7:21 PM
Subject: RE: Where to find session cookies

I think the only thing that differentiates between session and
persistent cookies is the presence of an expiration date.  No date ==
session cookie, future date == persistent cookie.

To check the behavior you're curious about, why not just disable cookies
in your browser?  ISTR that TC then just sets the session ID explicitly
in the query string of the URL.
The information contained in this message is confidential
proprietary property of Nelnet, Inc. and its affiliated
companies (Nelnet) and is intended for the recipient only.
Any reproduction, forwarding, or copying without the express
permission of Nelnet is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to this e-mail.