Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 10:57:41 -0400
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
From: Sue McKeown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Internet Explorer not working correctly after installing Tomcat

Hi:

I installed Eclipse (v.3.1.2) and Tomcat (v5.5) with a single installer that my professor distributed to a Client-Server Programming class I took. I rarely use IE (I use Mozilla and only use IE when absolutely necessary). So it was probably 2 months after the class until I even tried to use IE. When I start up IE now, instead of getting my designated home page to come up, I usually get the following message:

HTTP Status 404 - /fwlink/

type Status report

message /fwlink/

description The requested resource (/fwlink/) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/5.5.20

or what appears to be a Tomcat home page. If I get the error message and then click IE's Home button, I receive the Tomcat home page. On that page the only links that work are those directly related to Tomcat work (such as the one for the documentation, and it has a really strange URL: http://www.insight.rr.com/tomcat-docs/ , where the first part of the URL is the beginning of my designated home page URL (the home page for my ISP).

I tried reading the Setup documentation, but I guess I'm enough of a rookie to figure out what to change (if anything). Would it help if I uninstalled and then reinstalled the Eclipse/Tomcat bundle?

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sue

Sue McKeown
Westerville, OH