Broken,

broken connection wrote:
> I have read the license
> agreement for both Tomcat and JRE and I guess I can do that as long as I
> distribute the appropriate license files.

You might want to re-read the JRE license agreement. It used to be that
you needed to force your users to separately download Sun's Java
products. This may not be the case any more, but since you are not a
native English speaker (the word "doubt" in place of "question" gave you
away ;) ), you may want to get some real legal advice if you are reading
it in English.

> 1. I was thinking to make it as easy for the end-user by just copying the
> whole Tomcat folder into his drive and then automatically start the
> tomcat6.exe and taking him to the webapp's index page.So, this won't prompt
> the user for Tomcat Installer and would be like installing Tomcat from a
> zip file.Would this work???

It should. Of course, you won't be automatically starting the
application as a service in this situation.

> 2. Tomcat needs JRE and since I am trying to do a silent install, can i
> throw the JRE jar under TOMCAT/lib or under my webapp's WEB-INF/lib and do
> you think it will work,instead of making him go through the JRE
> installation steps??

You can install the JRE anywhere you'd like. I wouldn't install it into
the Tomcat directory at all. Using the Tomcat directory won't make it
any easier... just pick something that makes sense, like Sun's default
of (something like) %ProgramFiles%\Java\jre1.6.0_02 (or whatever version
number is appropriate).

Unless you require a certain version of Java, you might want to check to
see if Java is already installed somewhere and use the existing version.

-chris