Thanks Steve,
My installer is totally ant-based and it does not have the capability to
search the registry and locate the entries...instead if you could tell me
which location in the Tomcat points to this JRE, I could over-write that
value instead...i think that would be much easier.

If I am not wrong, it use to be in catalina.bat but Tomcat6 does not ships
that file anymore...

any clues???

Broken

On 7/18/07, Steve Ochani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Chris,
> But if I make the users run the JRE installer and install it anywhere
> they want to.....then how would the Tomcat silent install locate the
> JRE.

I don't know the details about the installer you are making but if you can
access the registry
then have the installer look in this key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment

under that key there is a string value called

CurrentVersion

The value of which is a key name under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment

Which will then have another string value called
JavaHome
which has the full path of the jre

-Steve O.