I have get it to work from a context resource. I've had to specify a factory attribute. Currently context.xml is this:

<Context path="/test" docBase="test" debug="0" reloadable="true" >
<Resource name="jdbc/test" auth="Container"
type="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource"
factory="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSourceFactory"
maxActive="0" maxIdle="-1" maxWait="-1"
removeAbandoned="true" removeAbandonedTimeout="60" logAbandoned="true"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.1.47:1521:GLOBALDB" />
</Context>

User and password doesn't work in context.xml. I have used a getPooledConnection overload:

Context ctx = (Context) initCtx.lookup("java:/comp/env");
OracleConnectionPoolDataSource fuenteDatos = (OracleConnectionPoolDataSource) ctx.lookup("/jdbc/test");
pc = fuenteDatos.getPooledConnection(dbUser, dbPassword);

dbUser and dbPassword are loaded from a configuration file.

Now, I can set pool maximum size in context.xml, but it still creates only one connection and doesn't allow two users to log in at the same time.

Perhaps I am reusing PooledConnection instead of Connection???