You need to use user="test" instead of username="test". This should work in the
context.xml file.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Julio J. Suárez Salinero" [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 8:16 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: OracleConnectionPoolDataSource

Propes, Barry L escribió:
> how do you know the user and password won't work from the context?
> Are you just trying to store it elsewhere or did you try it?

Because when I set user and password in the context (username="test"
password="test") and get the connection with
pc = fuenteDatos.getPooledConnection(); it throws "invalid arguments in
call". I have to put them in getPooledConnection. I have tried it.
> Also, on the driver reference, I saw something on Oracle's site suggesting
> the use of:
>
> oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver, I believe, rather than the full
> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
>
> it had said the latter was deprecated. However, that may not be the crux of
> your problem but you could try it.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try it.
> I have not experimented with the getPooledConnection method so I can't say.

>>> import javax.naming.InitialContext;