Hi,I am trying to serve up static pages / documents via tomcat. I have been
google and searching the forums and have tried a couple of things suggested in
the past, but haven't had success as yet.I am using tomcat 6.0 I have my webapp
- say appXYZ viz accessible as http://myhost:myport/appXYZI don't care whether
I end up creating another context or a path under the existing application
path.ie I will be fine in either scenario 1. -
http://myhost:myport/appXYZ/docStore 2. http://myhost:myport/docStoreFor
Scenario 2 - I tried this suggestion -
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@tomcat.apache.org/msg12528.htmlI created
docStore.xml  as follows <Context  docBase="/opt/abc/workspace/store"
></Context>and put it under $Catalina_Home/webapps/  , where it is sitting at
the same level as my existing application appXYZ/I was unable to access the
files - nor do I see the context listed under tomcat manager.I tried to access
it as http://myhost:myport/docStore/doc1.html ( where doc1.html is in my
docBase file structure) I am assumed I did not have to create any soft links
anywhere.For the first scenario - I edited my applications
META-INF/context.html to make it as follows -<Context path="/store"
docBase="/opt/abc/workspace/vvavesStore" allowLinking="true" debug="5"><Realm
className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/authority?user=vvaves&amp;password=vvaves"
       userTable="subscriber_tbl" userNameCol="sub_name"
userCredCol="sub_password"   userRoleTable="subscriber_tbl"
roleNameCol="sub_role"/></Context>I am a bit confused about the path here - so
I did try it with /appXYZ/store  and the value as shown.In either case I tried
to access it as http://myhost:myport/appXYZ/store No luck.Hoping some one knows
thisthx,ed
Missed the show?  Watch videos of the Live Earth Concert on MSN.
http://liveearth.msn.com