This is all the exception message, I looked inside logs folder, i found an
empty file, it continas nothing :~

On 7/25/07, David Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Your stack trace appears to be incomplete.  Could you post more?  It
appears to be a compile error and should cite the code in question.

--David

Mohammed Zabin wrote:
> For test purposes, i have wrote the following code as a java program
> and it
> worked fine, but when I tried it in a jsp page i got the following
error:

> Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver");
> String url = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/exam";
> Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(url,"root", "exam");
> Statement stmt = con.createStatement();
> ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery("Select type from questions");
>
> while( rs.next() ) {
>     System.out.println( rs.getString("type") );
> }
>

> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:
>

> Stacktrace:
>     org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(
DefaultErrorHandler.java:85)

>     org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(
ErrorDispatcher.java:330)

>     org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(
JDTCompiler.java:415)

>     org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:308)
>     org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:286)
>     org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:273)
>     org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(
JspCompilationContext.java:566)

>     org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(
JspServletWrapper.java:308)

>     org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java
:320)

>     org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
>     javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
>

> On 7/25/07, Mohammed Zabin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> In cotrast, i have installed Oracle and worked very well, but MySql
>> didn't
>> work with me. I am using Connecter/J from MySql website, the beta
>> version, I
>> put the jar file in the CATALINA_HOME/lib, and i add it to the
>> CLASSPATH.
>> and I followed the instructions provided in Tomcat documentation,
>> exactly,
>> Didn't work :(
>>
>> On 7/24/07, David Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> >
>> > I've never dealt with Oracle but have done a lot of MySQL installs
>> > without a single failure.  Your config outside of the web.xml doesn't
>> > look wrong in any way.
>> >
>> > You might want to put the <resource-ref> block in your web.xml as
>> > described in the how-to's.  It doesn't hurt and is part of the
servlet
>> > spec.
>> >
>> > --David

>> web.xml, I
>> > am
>> procedure
>> > right?

>> the
>> > object,

>> driverClassName="
>> type="

(DataSource)envContext.lookup("jdbc/TestMySql");

>> JSP:

>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:308)
>> > >> >
>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:286)
>> > >> >
>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:273)

JspServlet.java

>> > :266)

>> that's

>> > it's

>> comp)
>> > as
>> > you

>> worked

>> is a

>> and
>> > it
>> steps for
>> database.

>> place it
>> > in

>> > maxWait="10000"
>> driverClassName="

url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/exam?autoReconnect=true"/>