Check to make sure that it's really running the Http11NioProtocol, it should say so in the logs when tomcat starts.

Furthermore, what kind of environment are your running in? Make sure that the CometProcessor class is not in your classpath twice, This can be caused by build tools which use your project classpath for your webapp; your webapp depends on catalina.jar (which contains CometProcessor), however if it's included in your webapp then tomcat's instanceof CometProcessor check fails, causing this error. (If using mvn, set your dependency scope of the tomcat jars to provided).

Regards,
Sebastiaan

FelixG wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am trying to get the Adv. IO feature of Tomcat 6.0.13 (running on a sparc
sun solaris 8 with JDK6) working. After searching the mailing-lists I changed the connector in
server.xml to use the NioProtocol:

<Connector port="8080" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
  maxThreads="150" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443" />

But I kept on getting the "HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL"
error message. After logging I
saw that only init() from the servlet (I tried also several examples from
the net) is executed but nothing else. Are there other adjustments I could make to get event() invoked?

Best Regards, felix