> From: Joe Nathan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Overall performance depend on many things: CPU speed, number of CPUs,
> memory size, I/O, especially, virtual memory paging, network interface
> bandwidth
> 64bit machines come with better capacity except
> cpu computation speed!

Please state your references on this - at present, you're asserting it
without showing evidence to back you up.  Excuse us if we're
collectively sceptical when what you're saying goes against our
experiences and you don't supply backup.

> Have you ever tried 64bit Windows desktop or laptop over
> 32bit machine?

Yep.  Routinely.

> Otherwise 64bit machines suck! That;s why 64bit Windows is not
> popular. I don't them many shops selling!

64-bit Windows is unpopular because of poor application compatibility,
just as Vista is unpopular because of poor application compatibility.
Few people buy an OS for speed or technical capability; they buy it
because it runs the apps they need/want.

                - Peter