Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Ron Wheeler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: Tomcat with 8 GB memory

2GB is the limit for 32 bit applications.

Minor correction: some versions of 32-bit Windows Server have a
boot-time option to use 3 GB for each user process, which allows a
slightly bigger JVM heap.  (The virtual space is badly fragmented by
DLLs, so it doesn't buy as much room as one would expect.)  Still in the
noise range compared to what's available with a 64-bit platform.

 - Chuck

Apparently Microsoft was not aware of this in their benchmark group, so it is
good to know to be careful when buying older MS server products. The Windows
2003 server has a 64 bit version apparently.
I am pretty much focused on Linux and am installing the 64 bit version when I
have new hardware.

Ron
and its attachments from all computers.