> From: Alexey Solofnenko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat with 8 GB memory
>
> I was under impression that GC does not scale linearly. That
> means one 8GB process will be slower than two 4GB processes.

Not true.  The time of a full GC using modern algorithms depends mostly
on the number and type of live objects, not the amount of heap space.
The number and type of live (reachable) objects stays relatively
constant for most application once the ramp-up period is over.
Consequently, running a single JVM with the largest heap you can fit in
the process space is the most efficient from a GC point of view.  (Of
course, there are plenty of other reasons not to put all your eggs in
one basket.)

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.