Hi,

first of all: this is a gcc question. If you search for a high quality answer, you should contact the gcc commmunity.

My personal way to do this (and there is definitely more than one wait to do it):

export CC="gcc -specs=/path/to/my/specs"

Contents of file /path/to/my/specs:

*libgcc:
-lgcc -lgcc_eh

Now whenever you use a build system, that respects the CC env variable (e.g. most configure based systems), libgcc should get compiled in statically.

Regards,

Rainer

Lakshmi Venkataraman wrote:
Please give me some tips for compiling libtcnative on Solaris 9 without
the dynamic dependence on
libgcc_s.1.so.  We ship tomcat with our product.  On customer
installations, we cannot assume
that libgcc_s will be found in some standard location.

I have searched a lot on the web. I am also trying to compile gcc with
--disable-shared option.
I am running into some issues while trying to compile gcc. 1) How to modify Tomcat native's configure script to link libgcc
statically?
2) What are the prerequisites before doing step 1)?

We are using Tomcat 5.5.23. I am using tcnative-1.1.8-src with
OpenSSL-0.9.8b.

--Thanks
Lakshmi