On 8/2/07, Fabbris Pierluigi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot allocate servlet instance for path
> /servlet/HelloWorld

> *My first servlet in directory classes is:*

Uh, well -- this *isn't* a servlet. I'm guessing that's the problem :-)
javax.servlet.Servlet is an interface -- your servlet needs to extend
it (actually HttpServlet in this case).

> class HelloWorld {
>       public static void main(String[] args)
>      {
>            System.out.println("Hello World!");
>      }
> }

See the examples packaged with Tomcat, and take a look at the
Servlet  Spec JavaDocs.

HTH,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]