From: Morris Jones [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 10:48 AM
To: Tomcat Users List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Self-Signed Certificate for Tomcat JVM and CAS

Sorry I hadn't seen your message earlier when you posted it.  But you
should create the keystore with a keystore password.  Did you do that?

Cheers,
Mojo

Lisa Tan wrote:
> After following the docs to generate self-signed pkcs12 key, I  failed to
import the key/certificate into my application with No password given for
keystore, integrity will not be verified. What does the reason cause this
error?

> I read some docs which ask to create an empty Java keystore and convert
PEM formatted key to PKCS8 format. Why do I need to create an empty
keystore?

> Thanks,
>
> Lisa

Since
>>> am still in the testing stage, I can't get a CA certificate but the
>>> self-signed certificate.
>>>

>>> If my understanding is correct, the self signed certificate via openssl
>>> doesn't have jks format but Tomcat JVM only accept jks format
certificate.

>> If you had read the friendly manual at
>> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html, you would know
that
>> this isn't true :).  While it talks about the keystore, the truststore
works
>> the same way.  So use openssl to create a pkcs12 file, specify this as
the
>> truststore, in whatever way you need to do from the CAS docs, and you
should
>> be good to go.
>>>
>>> I am just wondering if any one can give me some instruction how to
create
>>> self-signed certificate and private key which can be used or imported to
>>> both Tomcat JVM and CAS server.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>

>>> Lisa

Morris Jones