I am dealing with a client who needs multi-gigabyte uploads (4GB+, whatever he wants really, and he says it is needed/required by the system.) Anyways, I currently upload a 4GB file to my Tomcat server, and it is set to simply post to a JSP with the file (please note that files <2GB work fine, forms are set up fine), and that JSP page is never reached. It simply looks like Tomcat is invoking the servlets/target of the request or this is because something hasn't been dealt with yet in the request to cause this action. My logs are all clean of errors, however, and the filter chain works fine (to some extent, it loops forever with this request because it is waiting for it to be dealt with). I receive log messages in beforeProcessing, process, and afterProcessing. However, the JSP is never hit, or if I post the file to a servlet, the servlet is never invoked. I have already tried configuring the connector to use maxPostSize="0", as well as setting the maxHttpHeaderSize variable. I am clearly at a loss of what to do. I also tried creating a Request Listener whenever requests are created but the request never gets a contentLength or contentType. The server simply begins looping the filter chain over and over and over and never hits my servlet/upload.jsp page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David