Completely sorry, details follows:

System:
Windows XP (Home I believe) 32 bit
2GB Memory on my system

Web Application Details/ Other Details:
JSF Framework (1.1?)
Commons File Uploads 1.2 attempted to be used
Tomcat 5.5.17
I'm going to say that Sun is my JVM vendor??
JVM is version 1.6
Tomcat is using these settings: -Xms512m -Xmx512m (I am not receiving PermGens/OutOfMemoryExceptions by any means)

I'm compiling at a source level of 1.6 for the web application, the JVM vendor is SUN

I do have somewhat of a clue as to why the upload itself is not functional when just trying to use the Commons File Upload to stream the file to a temporary location when large uploads are detected. The content-length has a maximum value of 2.x billion, which is right under two gigabytes. A 2.xGB file will result in a negative content length from integer overflow into the final, negative bit position. Other than that, I cannot explain why the servlet/.jsp target of the form post is not being hit and the filter chain calls filters over and over but won't go any further. After pressing submit, the page acts like nothing happened, and no error messages are generated. I'm fresh out of college so my lack of experience/knowing what you meant by JVM level kind of threw me off, I have JRE1.6 and JDK1.6 :(

Here is what came out in Command Prompt issuing this command:

>java -version
java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode)

Thanks once again