much better, thank you! I think I'm gonna have to put aside some time to brush up on tomcat 5.5/6 jndi datasourcing as I'm obviously out of date.

cheers!

David Smith wrote:
I see. Some of the tomcat docs are probably out of date, depending on someone pointing out the flaw or contributing updates.

Tomcat uses reflection to configure the pool using bean setter methods. That makes the full set of attributes dependant on the implementation used -- in this case DBCP. If you'd like the full set of database pool parameters available in the default tomcat db pool, just take a look at:

http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/api-1.2.2/org/apache/commons/dbcp/BasicDataSource.html

--David
--
Matthew Kerle