the easiest way to fix it would be
1. check what name the command `hostname` spits out
2. make sure that /etc/hosts contains that hostname and IP address

or you could go the other way
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/cluster-receiver.html
look for the address attribute

see the <Receiver address="auto".... in the default config
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/cluster-howto.html

Filip

Tony Jurado wrote:
Greetings.  I have trolled the mailing list archives, but didn't see
anything that helped me, so, I'm hoping that some kind soul can offer some
insight.

I have just upgraded our production servers from Apache 2.0.53, Tomcat
5.5.23, mod_jk 1.2.19 to Apache 2.2.4, Tomcat 6.0.13, mod_jk 1.2.25 in order
to take advantage of session replication between three servers (Red Hat
Enterprise Linux ES release 4 Nahant Update 5).

The session replication with this configuration worked between our dev
server and our pre-prod server, but it is not working in production.  When I
switch between servers on production I get prompted to login, however the
switch to the other server in the development cluster does not cause me to
get prompted for the password.

I'm not seeing anything in the log files that points to the issue.

The server.xml file has the following (these hostnames are altered):

      <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"/>
      <Host name="server.foo.com" appBase="/opt/webapps"
          unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
        <Alias>foo.bar.com</Alias>
        10 more alias lines deleted for brevity
        <Listener className=" org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig"
append="false" jkWorker="ajp13" />
      </Host>
    </Engine>

The only difference between the prod and dev servers is the <Alias> lines.

I see that the Clustering/Session Replication HOW-TO doc says:

     The IP broadcasted is java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress()

     (make sure you don't broadcast 127.0.0.1, this is a common error).

getHostAddress does return 127.0.0.1, but I don't see anything in the docs
that tell me how to correct this.  Also, getHostAddress returns 127.0.0.1 on
the servers that work, so this may be a red herring.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions!

searchkey93933939