I mean full system path. (eg: /usr/local/jakarta/tomcat/webapps/index.jsp or
/home/user/domain/public_html/index.jsp or whatever)
As far as I can tell, the appBase and docBase are correctly pointing to the
webroot dir, but cPanel/WHM auto-configured server.xml/etc so it could be
doing anything.

I'm tempted to just try wiping the conf dir and manually build up from a
mimimal configuration...