Hi,

I would like to realize a server push mechanism using Tomcat and GWT.

For the client side there is a technique proposed in
http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/thread/5233cf1fc6f2a1a7/3c6aba6a3ae9ec81?lnk=gst&q=server+push+GWT+stack&rnum=1#3c6aba6a3ae9ec81

For the server side to be scalable one must probably use the NIO connector which is available with Tomcat 6.0 and the CometProcessor.

Has anybody experience with the server side implementation using Tomcat and perhaps the CometProcessor?

I am still searching for a solution to couple the RemoteServiceServlet of GWT with the CometProcessor.

Any information or further questions regarding this topic are welcome.

Best regards
Achim