> From: Chan Lee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Out of MemoryError upon attempting to load the
> webapps/ JSP examples
>
> Trying to run Tomcap in Debian, I choose tomcat5 to
> install. After all tomcat5 & related package
> installed, trying to open the default port, 8180,
> resulted in JVM OutOfMemoryError

Did you install a real Tomcat or a 3rd-party repackaged piece of junk?
If the latter, throw it away and get a proper installation package from
tomcat.apache.org.  (Tomcat 6 is a better choice than 5.0 or 5.5, by the
way.)

Likewise, what JVM are you using?  If it's the GNU one, throw that away
as well, and get one that fully supports the Java specs.  The Sun
JRE/JDK 6 is a reasonable choice.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.