Christopher Schultz-2 wrote:

>> What does Tomcat do when, in production, a new version of a WAR file
>> that's
>> currently being accessed is deployed? I've heard generally that you don't
>> enable the auto-deployment feature in production, but assume you're
>> aiming
>> for a five-nines environment and the requirement is hot redeployment of
>> the
>> application.
>
> I would argue that autodeploy doesn't help much in this case, but we'll
> stick with that assumption for this discussion.

I realize it wouldn't help for things like database changes, but what about
changes to the structure of the HttpSession map, or the cookie structure, or
something that has to do at the web application?

I'd start with org.apache.catalina.StandardContext (and, specifically,
> the "reload" method), since that's the thing being reloaded.

Where could I find the code where Tomcat stores its definitive list of all
the current, active HttpSessions? (Where's the structure that Tomcat adds a
newly created HttpSession to, and from which it removes timed-out or
invalidated HttpSessions, and the code that manipulates it?)