Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Lindsay Patten [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: 100% cpu usage by "VM Thread" in tomcat

Expecting to find that I had some error in my webapp I did a few thread dumps, but assuming that nid in the thread dump
corresponds to pid from ps I found that the process that was
spinning was "VM Thread":

"VM Thread" prio=1 tid=0x08098a48 nid=0x144 runnable

That's not likely to be the one actually spinning, unless your JVM is
very broken.  The VM thread will always show as runnable, since it's the
one displaying the thread dump.  You probably need to look a bit more
closely at the other threads.