you probably have some rogue java process still running somewhere with clustering enabled,

Filip

Daniel M Garland wrote:
Hi all,

I've been running two Tomcat 5.5.20 servers in a cluster for some time on Mac OSx but we've recently moved to 64-bit architecture (Debian etch) . I tried as far as possible to keep the config the same, so only the OS has changed (and I also got the Apache Portable Runtime going). However since moving to this new setup I'm starting to see the following messages in my catalina.out:

25-Sep-2007 16:35:11 org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager messageReceived
SEVERE: Manager []: Unable to receive message through TCP channel
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.mycompany.someSerialiazbleObject

and sometimes in other web apps I see instead of ClassNotFoundException:

java.io.InvalidClassException: org.mycomapny.someOtherSerializableObject; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -1393554805485899996, local class serialVersionUID = 8444624889687850885

Now I did some homework here and I've tried the following without success:

1) I've compiled the java files on the server's themselves, so I am sure that the correct class versions are being used 2) The object implements java.io.Serializable, and has a generated serial ID from Eclipse. Incidentally, this Long value matches the local class serialVersionUID, so I have no idea where the 'stream' serialVersionUID comes from.
3) I have the same code running on both the Tomcat servers.

What I would like to know is where I am supposed to look next for some answers to this problem. Is there any more information from my config that would be relevant to post here?

Thanks in advance, my first 'tomcat-users' post :)

Dan Garland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-- Stack Trace --
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.resolveClass(ObjectInputStream.java:574) at org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ReplicationStream.resolveClass(ReplicationStream.java:84) at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1538) at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1460) at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1693) at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1299) at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:339) at org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaRequest$AttributeInfo.readExternal(DeltaRequest.java:334) at org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaRequest.readExternal(DeltaRequest.java:246) at org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager.loadDeltaRequest(DeltaManager.java:697) at org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager.handleSESSION_DELTA(DeltaManager.java:1572) at org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager.messageReceived(DeltaManager.java:1522) at org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager.messageDataReceived(DeltaManager.java:1271) at org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ClusterSessionListener.messageReceived(ClusterSessionListener.java:85) at org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster.receive(SimpleTcpCluster.java:1167) at org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ClusterReceiverBase.messageDataReceived(ClusterReceiverBase.java:426) at org.apache.catalina.cluster.io.ObjectReader.execute(ObjectReader.java:107) at org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.TcpReplicationThread.drainChannel(TcpReplicationThread.java:138) at org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.TcpReplicationThread.run(TcpReplicationThread.java:69)