Hi Rainer,

Thanks for the well written response and some ideas to
get past the problem.

I agree the 4ms might be latency but until I can
measure at Apache web server or Tomcat more acurately
I will wait to say what it really is.

I am using %D and as you said the timer is not very
accurate. Hopefully I will switch to linux soon and
the whole measurement question will be moot.

Regarding paralallelism to me the best you can
possibly ever get is the response time for a single
request then after that all the measuements just get
worse. But if I can get a transaction under a
microsecond and even if I had only one core then
serially I can do over a million transactions per
second and maybe with two cores 1.5 million per
second.

As I mentioned in another email I just sent one most
my transactions because of the overall design are
under 1500 bytes or 1 ethernet packet.

I will try some of your suggestions and others brought
up by the email group so guess I will be busy tonight.

Thanks,
-Tony