I remember something like this happened to me a couple of years back but  don't
remember how I solved it. I run a tomcat 6 and I have a jsp file within an
application. I remember that if I do a modification in a jsp file I don't have
to restart tomcat, it's enough to copy the jsp file in the webapps/appfolder/
and refresh in browser. well that doesn't work for me. Even worse, I can even
restart tomcat and the modifications in the jsp are still not visible. The only
way I can see the modification is if I rename the file. So if have an
index.jsp, I modify something in it...refresh the browser...nothing. I go and
rename the index.jsp in index2.jsp then i will see the modifications. What can
cause this behaviour? I thought it's the browser cache but it's not..cleaned
it, even restarted broswer and still nothing. the only way I can see the
modifications is if I rename the file. Anybody had a similar problem?