----- Original Message ----- From: "Arun" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 5:07 PM
Subject: Sending Mail from a Java WebApplication does not work

Hi,

I have configured sendmail at port 25 in ubuntu. It is working correctly as I checked sending mails using a perl script as well as a javaprogram, but my
web application running in tomcat does not allow me to send a mail. It
simply does not give me any error at all. But it does not send the mail at
the same time. Is there a tomcat configuration that I need to tweak.? i m
usin tomcat 6.

I also struggled like crazy in the beginning.
If I remember correctly, Tomcat via JNDI will give you a session, but thats still a long way from automated mailing. The next qustion is normally... it mails... but the web page waits for the mail to go before refreshing....

If you have a look here, you will find a little mailing class, and will work inside TC
http://coolharbor.100free.com/tool_mailer_server.htm

Its an example in the POJO application server, but dont worry about that, the code works outside the server as well, so just steal the class.

Have Fun...