Sun's JavaMail (mail.jar -- you need activation.jar too) does a good job of simple mail sending (and it has lots of nice debugging for figuring out just how far things got). My app uses an AppListener which starts a single app-wide thread which manages a mail queue. Any request/action which needs to send email simply configures a mail bean (address, name, etc.) and puts it in the queue. The action can then return immediately (refreshing the page or forwarding whereever it needs to next). The queue looks pretty much like standard textbook examples (e.g. Arnold/Gosling/Holmes, Java 3rd Ed.)

HTH
Ken Bowen

Arun wrote:
Chris,

My mail.log looks like this.(tail mail.log). This is the log created just
now as i send from my webapp.

Oct  4 20:51:07 venus sm-mta[17487]: l950p6C3017485: to=<
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=esmtp,
pri=120522, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com. [66.249.83.114], dsn=2.0.0,
stat=Sent (OK 1191517641 h9si2242792wxd)

It says that it is send . But still no mails..