Now Tomcat is also a cool application server
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kerber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2007 5:29 PM
Subject: Re: Copying large files around

Christopher Schultz wrote:

David,

David Kerber wrote:

Let me give a bit more detail:  I am working on a utility function in my
webapp that will periodically copy the database file from the db server
to a backup server on the LAN.

Uh.... cron and cp, anyone? You can even use cron to initiate the
backup, too, instead of scripting it from your webapp.

Why doesn't anyone use cron anymore? Sheesh...

Does Windows 2003 server have a version of cron? I've never used it. And building it into my webapp lets all the configuration be done from the same interface..

No.... not that I know of... but there are freeware ports to windows.

If its windows based, or perhaps windows to Samba.... and its just an admin function, like a scheduled copy... then have a look at Microsofts attempt at linux type scripting... its called WSH... its a vb or Javascript type language that lets you do things like copy files, and I imagine it will interface with scheduled tasks, services and all the rest of it.

Looks like this
Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

If Not FSO.FolderExists(FolderName) Then

  FSO.CreateFolder(FolderName)

End If

Have Fun...