Hi List,

I need some advice regarding Tomcat Vs. Weblogic.

I am building a  website that has an Oracle DB as a back end.I am
running scripts on the DB and displaying the results on the
website.Users can log in and query the DB as well to get the desired
results which could be info about anything in the DB.

My question is: Do I require a server side Datasource for this? FIrst
of all, I am not sure what this means.For my organization,only
Weblogic has external access as Ive been told.SO if I do not need
server side Datasource and connection pooling, I can go with Tomcat.

I am very new to J2EE.could you please tell me a bit more about server
side datasource:what it is and examples of how it is used.Do you think
my application needs one??

Thanks so much,
-M