Thanks a lot for everyone's reply.
I use the JDBCRealm and I store the users information and roles information in
the database,such as Oracle.
then in my application set the security part in the web.xml,which has an
auth-method with DIGEST.
So,the username and password that the user input in the remote client with an
browser will be digested,and sent to the server side.
Is that right?