The servlet spec describes how webapps are supposed to be layed out. The general layout template in tomcat is

|<tomcat_home>
|  <webapps>
|    <webapp1>
|      WEB-INF (note this must be all caps and case IS important)
|        classes (where to put non-jarred class files)
|        lib (where to put webapp specific jar libraries)
|    <webapp2>
|      (see webapp1 for layout)
|    <webapp3>
|       (see webapp1 for layout)

--David

Mann, Ivan H wrote:

Yes, I am using applets.

Why fight the way its meant to be packaged....

So, is there a link somewhere that tells the ways it's meant to be
packaged?

I took out all of the CLASSPATH setting that I done, I moved the .jar
file to the webapps/<app> directory, and it still doesn't work.  How do
I tell Tomcat when using applets to use a .jar file?

Ivan Mann