From: Martin Gainty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 4:53:42 PM
Subject: Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

2 options will help Xerces consume less memory
1)turn OFF validation for any Documents created from the
DocumentBuilderFactory e.g.
factory.setValidating(false);

2)turn OFF namespace awareness for any Documents created from the
DocumentBuilderFactory e.g.
factory.setNamespaceAware(false);

More info available at
http://mia.ece.uic.edu/~papers/WWW/MultimediaStandards/Parsers.pdf