albert quinn wrote:
>   Hi again, Mark :
>
>   I've benn thinking about the problem and I don't really think it
> could be a problem with database connection timeout due to inactivity
> because when the web service is called, the web service gets a
> connection from the pool, it uses the connection, and then it closes
> the connection before returning the web service results. So, it
> mustn't be a problem with database connection timeout due to
> inactivity, don't you think?

No. I disagree with your analysis. The point of DBCP is that the
connections aren't closed. When you call close() in your code that just
returns the connection to the pool. The actual database connection remains
open.

The URL you want is:
http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/configuration.html

The starting point for DBCP is