In my application is present a interface (visible only to admin) who permit to specificate what kind of db connection use to make query: - DataConnection --> url, user, pass, driver. If the data are correct it work. - DataSource --> If data source are defined on webApp context the name is the local name. At this point if i want to use all datasource defined on server.xml, the unique solution is include all datasource in webapp context (with ResourceLink) because is not possible
                           get dataSource via global name.
- Robert -

Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
I have seen the documentatio many and many times...
My question is clear? The response to my question is:
"Isn't possible get dataSource reference if is not defined on webApp
context"...

Yes, it is not possible.The reference should be defined
(either in context.xml, or in web.xml, but it should be).

This is a limitation if application expose a method to make query in
varius and dinamic datasource....
Only possibilities is defined the connection with url, user, pass,
driver....

It is designed so that application deployer (administrator) can check,
what global resources are accessed by your application.

You know, that those dataSources include name and password, and can be
used to access the database.   I do not want them to be accessible
without me explicitly granting / verifying such access.