There are a couple of ways to handle this.

1. Replicate the uploaded images to all the Tomcat servers. This isn't
hard if the image directories can be shared on the server LAN. Not
much more complicated than what you're doing now.

2. All Tomcats save the uploaded images in a single location that is
served by a single server, not round-robin. This is good if the images
aren't a big portion of the web traffic.

3 = 1+2. If you want to get fancy you can use any number of image
servers, separate from the webapp servers. High-traffic web sites
often do this.
--
Len