Filipe David Manana wrote:
Hi,

2 questions:

1) Is Tomcat reliable for a production environment, where client requests
can be in the order of a few thousands per hour?
I've got one running on Win2003 with around 2M requests per day on a 2-year old dual-dual Dell server. Last time I checked, it had been running for about 6 weeks since the last service restart. I don't have peaks as high as you mention in another post, though; I max out at a few hundred per second and it handles it easily, with lots of cpu headroom left.

Now I've probably jinxed myself, and it will crash 3 times in the next week, but hey, **it happens...