From: Rainer Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 4:08:53 PM
Subject: Re: apache and tomcat

Richard Dunne schrieb:
> I downloaded mod_jk-apache-1.3.27.so from

Note: 1.3.27. For Apache 2.0.x you need to use the file
mod_jk-apache-2.0.59.so, for 2.2.x the file mod_jk-apache-2.2.4.so.
Apache httpd version 1.3.x, 2.0.x and 2.2.x need different module files.

> http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/win32/jk-1.2.25/
> as suggested.  Renamed the file mod_jk.so and copied the file to my
> Apache2 modules directory.  When I rebooted and tried to start the
> server I got a message saying c:/Program Files/Apache
> Group/Apache2/modules/mod_jk-1.3.26.dll could not be loaded, module
> could not be found.  I thought that is what I just downloaded!  Can
> anyone advise?

After you downloaded the correct file, it isn't really important, which
name you give it. mod_jk.so is just convention. What is important
though, that you use the same file name in your LoadLibrary
configuration diretive in httpd.conf. So if you rename to mod_jk.so
that's fine, but then you shouldn't use the file name mod_jk-1.3.26.dll
in the httpd configuration.

> Richard.

Regards,

Rainer