well,

the thing is i'm just trying to run examples provided by Tomcat 6 and
located in the example directory.
normally those files already contain such things(<% @ page import="
java.util.*,%>)
i have added some and it doesn't change anything.
actually all import routines are already contained in files that calls the
JSP...

cheers